About this Job
Games for Change is looking for Programs and Operations Intern to support a range of projects promoting games for social impact this Fall for G4C and the National Student Challenge.
Candidates for this unpaid internship should meet the below qualifications and requirements.
- Support G4C staff in daily activities and collaborate on special projects, as assigned
- Conduct research on games, game-related programs, tech opportunities and interventions, and game developers
- Help us keep our office organized, and file and scan documents
- Assist with billing and bookkeeping
- Assist with In Kind donation outreach and organization for the National Student Challenge, Games for Change Festival and other programs
- Assist with recruitment/outreach of volunteers for the G4C Festival Support and assist with G4C year-round volunteer program
- Assist with managing local partnerships, communications/social media, events to promote the NYC Student Challenge program
- Research new outreach platforms for students and teachers
- Very reliable, self-motivated and proactive
- Passion for and interest in social impact games and video game development
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with remote teams
- Desire to share Games for Change’s mission
- Weekly commitment of approximately 15-20 hours/week; minimum of 12 weeks.
- Start date September 2019.
- Position based in G4C’s WeWork offices in Midtown East, New York City.
- Internship is for both credit and non-credit. Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university level program and be eligible to receive school credit.
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “Program & Operations Intern” to Marissa Harts, Operations Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please send your resume as an attachment and include the following in a cover letter:
- Availability (hours per week) and location
- School, program, and expected graduation year
- Overview of interest and experience with social impact games (design, play, etc.)
- Details on any prior related internship experience
About Games for Change
Founded in 2004, Games for Change empowers game creators and social innovators to drive
real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve their communities, and
contribute to make the world a better place. We convene stakeholders through our annual G4C
Festival and foster the exchange of ideas and resources through workshops and consulting
projects. We inspire youth to explore civic issues and learn 21st-century and STEM skills
through our Student Challenge and train educators to run game design classes on impact
games. We incubate projects through our game design challenges and executive production
expertise in coalition building. We act as an amplifier by curating and evangelizing games for
change to the public through our games arcades and awards.