A first of its kind accelerator in the video games, immersive technology and esports industry with a social impact orientation is searching for a rock star General Manager.
The Games for Change Accelerator is formed as a partnership between Quake Capital Partners, Games for Change and i(x) investments. The mission of the program is to fund and support social impact games, esports and XR development through funding, mentoring, go-to market planning, on-going business development and distribution. We are joining forces to harness the potential of social impact in the burgeoning interactive technology industries to drive real-world outcomes. The new program is seeking a highly motivated and experienced General Manager to work in our New York City office as part of the leadership team. This person will report to the Accelerator’s President and work closely with the General Partners, as well as senior stakeholders from Quake, Games for Change and i(x) investments.
● Responsible for (2) direct hires, a Principal and Senior Associate role
● Provide expertise in design and development of games and/or XR experiences across all aspects of the Accelerator
● Develop a robust education program that will support each team’s individual needs, whether in an alpha or beta stage. Includes recruiting mentors, scheduling classes, sessions on relevant gaming or business topics
● Evaluate potential cohort teams with the management team of the general partnership with the lens of an
experienced games/XR developer
● Provide 1:1 office hours to teams
● Analyze cohort’s performance and make recommendations for follow-on investments in existing portfolio
● Manage the communication process for due diligence methodology, including writing investment memos.
● Plan and produce Demo Day as the culminating event of each cohort
● Lead support efforts at portfolio companies and advise on various management, strategy and funding issues
● Facilitate communications with the G4CA Advisory Board to act as strategic resources to portfolio
companies, as appropriate
● Versed knowledge of the gaming and XR sectors, including products, trends,
distribution strategies and sophisticated and thoughtful understanding of the ecosystem
● Proven record of successfully bringing products to market
● Well-developed network and established relationships with developers and researchers with whom the candidate can source and develop deal flow
● Exceptional ability to analyze data effectively, interpret results, and extract data-driven insights
● Excellent interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence, including strong judgement of character
● Demonstrated passion for helping entrepreneurial teams succeed
● Evidence of the candidate’s ability to add value to a startup across company’s evolution, not simply at the time of investment
● Comfort working independently in a fast-paced startup environment
● Ability to travel both domestically and internationally to represent the Games for Change Accelerator at conferences and events
● Strategic thinker, creative and efficient problem solver with high energy, positive attitude and strong work ethic
● Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
The Games for Change Accelerator is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability.
To Apply: Please send an email with the subject line “G4C Accelerator General Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your resume as an attachment (PDF or Word format) and include your cover letter in the body of the email.
We look forward to hearing from you.
QUAKE CAPITAL PARTNERS
Quake is a unique accelerator focused on making seed level investments in new and early stage ventures across a wide range of industries. Working closely with key
advisers, and tapping into exclusive relationships developed over the last 30 years, our
team boasts unparalleled access to the top players in finance, development,
manufacturing, and distribution.
GAMES FOR CHANGE
Since 2004, Games for Change (G4C) has been empowering game creators and
innovators to drive real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve
their communities and contribute to make the world a better place. We partner with
technology and gaming companies like Microsoft, Valve, Dell and Ubisoft, as well as
nonprofits, foundations and government agencies to run world class events, public
arcades, design challenges and youth programs. G4C supports a global community of
game developers working to use games to tackle real-world challenges, from
humanitarian conflicts to climate change and education.
i(x) is a permanently capitalized holding company that provides individual and
institutional investors an historic opportunity to create economic growth and catalytic
social impact. i(x) invests in the pillars of human needs (energy, water, food,
technology, communications, education, health, housing, access to capital, and gender
parity) in a multi-strategy investment approach throughout the entire capital structure.
Our focus is on companies with proven science and technology with the potential for
hyper-growth as well as on assets. We bring value to our investments with
not only capital but also our expertise in creating and measuring social impact.
The post Games For Change Accelerator is Hiring: General Manager appeared first on Games For Change.