The Serious Games Showcase & Challenge (SGS&C) has announced the 25 finalists in the various award categories for 2019.
An esteemed panel of evaluators from around the globe are now reviewing the finalists and will determine the winners in the Business, Government and Studentcategories.
All games qualify for the Innovation Award that will be judged by the Innovation Committee, and the People’s Choice Award that will be voted on by I/ITSEC attendees.
In addition, games may also qualify for Best XR (VR/AR/MR) Award – in 2019, approximately 40% of the finalists are eligible to this category. This award is judged by the panel of international evaluators and comes with a high-value Grand Prize.
All games aimed at teaching middle and high school students qualify for the Students’ Choice Award. This award is judged by the students who play the games, totaling the 7 awards to be reaped.
The 16 finalists in the Business category are:
- DroneFisher by Soar Technology, Inc.
- When Rivers Were Trails by Michigan State University
- X-Hacker by Trideum Corporation
- Get a Life by K20 Center at the University of Oklahoma
- PTSD SleepAid by Intelligent Automation w/UCF
- Project Azriel Bulletproof Brain Train by Curriculaworks
- Functions of the Machine by K20 Center at the University of Oklahoma
- Community Health Nursing by BreakAway Games
- Fire VR by Simsoft Technologies
- SkydiVR by Freefall Club LLC
- Liquid Marx by University of Applied Science Trier
- Swibo Tilt by Swibo
- Earth-to-Mars by eLearning Studios
- Invite Only VR by Yale Center for Health and Learning Games
- myDRIVESCHOOL® by Driveschool Enterprises Pty Ltd
- Vestaid Game Suite by Intelligent Automation, Inc.
- Vector Unknown by Arizona State University, Clayton State University, & Florida State University
- Signal by UC Berkeley
- Reverse Engineer VR by Orange Technical College
- Nano Technology Lab Process VR by Utah Valley University
The Serious Games Showcase & Challenge (SGS&C) is the premier venue for recognition of excellence in the field of Serious Games development. Since 2006, SGS&C has helped foster creativity and innovation in Serious Games as part of NTSA’s I/ITSEC Conference held in each year in Orlando, Florida. This year’s conference is December 2-5, 2019, and 2019 SGS&C winners will be announced at the awards ceremony on December 5.